History of the Rich. Müller Foundation

The Rich. Müller Foundation was established by Ernst Müller (son of the founder of Rich. Müller A/S, Richard Müller) and his wife, Elida Müller, in December 1965, to ensure the continuation of RMIG A/S (set up in 1901 under the name Rich. Müller A/S).

After its formation, the Foundation was led by a board of trustees, which at that time consisted primarily of family members. Over the years, due to natural replacement, several independent members have joined the board of trustees. The last family member on the board was Ole Müller, who died in 1986. The family of Rich. Müller is no longer represented on the board, but the family’s wish of securing the continuation and development of the company is managed by the board of trustees who ensure that this is done in compliance with the Foundation’s charter.
 
In 1987, the Rich. Müller Foundation initiated a collaboration with FLSmidth & Co. A/S (FLS) in connection with investing in foreign perforation companies; FLS thus became joint owner of the RMIG A/S Group. Until 2001, FLS as joint owner, took part in the acquisition of a number of perforation companies in Europe. In 2001, The Rich. Müller Foundation bought back FLSmidth’s share of the company. Since then, the Foundation has owned 100% of the RMIG A/S Group.

The Foundation’s remaining funds are placed in securities.